I’d like a new 2010 Prius with Leather seats but I’m really not interested of lots of the other upgrades. What are my options?
Actually, you’ve got several options. But lets consider the two biggest ones.
Option 1 – go to Prius IV or V – where leather seats are standard.
Option 2 – go to Prius II or III and do aftermarket Leather seats….
Lets compare the PRIUS IV with the Leather Seats to the PRIUS II where we add them.
the Prius IV adds the Leather seats (with heated front seats) but it also adds these options…
- JBL Premium Audo System including 6 disc CD , 8 premium speakers, digital amplifier, integrated Satellite Radio, mp3/wma Playback capability
- Bluetooth hands-free phone capability.
- Power Driver’s seat Lumbar Support
- Plasma cluster air purifier – an air purifier which subsequently circulates clean air within the car.
- Auto Dimming Rearview mirror – ithat is where it adjusts with headlights from car behind you. I have on my car – it really helps.
- Homelink universal transceiver — that where you can program it to open your garage door (If you have an automatic garage door)
- enhanced smart key options – Prius II and III — only the drivers door will automatically unlock if you have the key with you. Starting with Prius IV – the front passenger and rear passenger doors will also unlock automatically if you have the key on you. You don’t have to push the unlock button.
- water repellant front side windows
- some options available — Navigation with USB & Safety Connect OR Solar Roof package (includes Navigation with USB & Safety Connect) Here’s a link that explains the Navigation package http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfEnig6bDk
Are any of these upgrades things you’d like to have? If so, many may be available as an option or after market.
My least expensive Prius IV is Red with Dark Gray interior, stock #167317. It has the Navigation Package, floor mats and rear bumper applique. MSRP is $30,099.
Compare that to the Prius II with aftermarket Leather heated seats. We have in Blizzard Pearl with Bluetooth, Floor mats and the preferred owners portfolio. The MSRP including the aftermarket Leather Seats (with heated front seats) is $26,577 MSRP. You save over $3500 from the higher end Prius IV.